Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day three(day two may come later):

I just got in, in a surprisingly good mood. Happy I won against MARTA, submerged in a pond of nicotine. Been thinking about faith recently and what it means in the context of my life. I consider myself a fairly devout agnostic, inasmuch as I've dabbled in many religions and found none of them spiritually satisfying. I am not sure if I believe in the concept of a spirit or soul to begin with. I think we live in existentially terrifying times and the human mind is more than capable of finding "outs" or ways of coping outside the framework of visible life. That is not to say that I think God is a human created notion but, rather, the mythology and importance we attach to the notion of a creator is. A way to escape the seeming boredom and pointlessness of life. I too need such "outs" but I am not sure if I capable of such an act of self-deception as to believe blindly in a loving, giving creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment